Jose Mourinho admits he was ‘very violent’ and a ‘d***head’ to his Inter Milan treble winners – The Sun

Source

JOSE MOURINHO admits he was a “d***head” to his Inter Milan Treble-winning side of 2010.

The Spurs boss also revealed he was violent with his players and told them “they had won the Scudetto of s**t” following a defeat to Bergamo.

2

Jose Mourinho won a historic treble with his Inter Milan sideCredit: AFP

Mourinho won the Serie A title, the Coppa Italia and the Champions League in 2009-10.

The Portuguese, 57, said: “I’m never fake, I’m original. It’s me and that’s it. I was also a d***head but that was me.”

Mourinho lost his cool with his Inter squad following the 3-1 defeat to Bergamo in January 2009.

He told Gazzetta dello Sport: “I was very violent with the players — I told them they had won the Scudetto of s**t.

“It was only afterwards I understood I had hurt them and I apologised.”

Despite the highs and lows, the former Chelsea and Manchester United chief never felt as comfortable as he did in the San Siro dugout.

And the high point of his stay was the 2-0 win over Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.

He added: “I was at my best when I felt at home.

“That’s why, on May 22 in Madrid, I was content to experience the happiness of others, all the way from president Massimo Moratti to the people in the warehouse.

“I used to always think of myself first. At Inter, it was never like that.

 The Portuguese boss was tough on his players to achieve success

2

The Portuguese boss was tough on his players to achieve successCredit: Reuters

“When you become a father, you understand that someone is more important than you.

“Just the other day I spoke to Alessio, my driver. That’s Inter for me. These are my people.”

Last night Inter announced their Uefa Cup-winning coach Gigi Simoni had died, aged 81.

Chelsea forward Willian agrees to Tottenham transfer with reps having already discussed move with José Mourinho, says Richard Keys


www.thesun.co.uk

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related News

Rafa Benitez wants Newcastle return and is already eyeing John Stones and Ross Barkley transfers – The Sun

RAFA BENITEZ is ready to make an emotional return to Newcastle, according to reports. The Spaniard left the club last summer after refusing to sign...

Premier League fans face ballots to watch matches with clubs briefed on vastly-reduced crowds – The Sun

FOOTBALL fans face random ballots for match tickets next season due to the Covid-19 crisis. The Premier League’s chief medical officer Mark Gillett has predicted...

Man Utd players have felt safe since returning to training despite coronavirus, claims Jesse Lingard – The Sun

JESSE LINGARD says Manchester United players have felt perfectly safe since returning to training last week. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad returned to Carrington on Wednesday...

Man Utd fear losing Odion Ighalo next week as parent club Shanghia Shenua want loanee back – The Sun

MANCHESTER UNITED fear they will have to wave goodbye to on loan forward Odion Ighalo next week. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would like to extend the...

Jorginho agent AGAIN talks up Juventus transfer, Kante could miss season, Willian LATEST – The Sun

CHELSEA are continuing their preparations for the Premier League's restart. But there are no guarantees N'Golo Kante will return to training while Jorginho's agent isn't...