Man Utd legend Dimitar Berbatov tells transfer target Kai Havertz to snub Prem… and bulk up – The Sun

Source

DIMITAR BERBATOV has urged Kai Havertz to snub the Premier League — and bulk up.

The Bayer Leverkusen midfielder, 20, has been linked with Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and United and enhanced his growing reputation with two goals in Monday’s 4-1 win over Werder Bremen.

2

Dimitar Berbatov has warned German sensation Kai Havertz against a move to the Premier League just yet and concentrate on bulking up

But Berbatov, who left Leverkusen to join Spurs in 2006, believes Havertz is not yet tough enough to leave his native Germany.

Berbatov, 39, said: “I’d like to see Havertz in the Premier League but it is a bit too early for him.

“He will need a bit more muscle. We all know how defenders can squash you and smash you into pieces.


MAN UTD NEWS LIVE: Follow for the latest United news


“You need to be ready for that if you are going to hit the ground running in such a demanding league.

“He should stay at Leverkusen and develop even more, get that experience which will help him for when the time comes to go somewhere else.”

Speaking as a Betfair ambassador, the Bulgarian added: “All eyes are on the Bundesliga at the moment.

“Havertz needs to get used to the sounds being made about him following his two goals on Monday night because teams are going to come after him.

“He has enough quality and if he continues the way he is going, teams will still be there — they won’t go away.”

Leverkusen will leapfrog third-placed Borussia Moenchengladbach with a win there today.

 Havertz has taken the Bundesliga by storm and added two goals on Monday to take his tally to eight for the season

2

Havertz has taken the Bundesliga by storm and added two goals on Monday to take his tally to eight for the seasonCredit: Reuters
Kai Havertz shows off his footie skills with a piece of chewing gum


www.thesun.co.uk

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related News

Joe Hart reveals he knew Man City axe was on cards as soon as Pep Guardiola took over in 2016 and ‘had a feeling’...

JOE HART has admitted that he was never wanted by Pep Guardiola once the coach took charge of Manchester City. The Spaniard was installed in...

Gunners ‘open transfer talks with Philippe Coutinho’, Dembele £37m option, Aubameyang LATEST – The Sun

ARSENAL are back in training as they prepare for the likely return of the Premier League next month. And they could be about to complete...

Rafa Benitez wants Newcastle return and is already eyeing John Stones and Ross Barkley transfers – The Sun

RAFA BENITEZ is ready to make an emotional return to Newcastle, according to reports. The Spaniard left the club last summer after refusing to sign...

Premier League fans face ballots to watch matches with clubs briefed on vastly-reduced crowds – The Sun

FOOTBALL fans face random ballots for match tickets next season due to the Covid-19 crisis. The Premier League’s chief medical officer Mark Gillett has predicted...

Man Utd players have felt safe since returning to training despite coronavirus, claims Jesse Lingard – The Sun

JESSE LINGARD says Manchester United players have felt perfectly safe since returning to training last week. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad returned to Carrington on Wednesday...