JESSE LINGARD says Manchester United players have felt perfectly safe since returning to training last week.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad returned to Carrington on Wednesday after the two month shutdown due to the Coronavirus.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus in sport live blog for the latest news & updates
And while other clubs have had players indicating they do not want to return – such as Troy Deeney and N’Golo Kante – the United stars have had no problems.
Lingard said: “If it wasn’t a safe environment then we wouldn’t be training.
“But we follow the right protocols, we get tested every two days and we keep our distance, obviously, group training as well.
“At the moment we’re taking everything so steady and we’re waiting on the government to give the green light for the next step.
“None of the players would be there if we didn’t feel it was safe.
“I couldn’t wait to get back to football but since being back it’s been great. At the moment we’re currently training in groups with specific time slots.
“It’s been good just to get my boots on and back on the grass with the balls and around my teammates and coaches.”
MAN UTD NEWS LIVE: Follow for the latest United news
Lingard believes Germany have shown over the last couple of weekends that a return is possible – despite all the doubts.
He told Bein Sport: “I watched a lot of it, so we’re trying to follow the Bundesliga in that way.
“If we follow the right procedures and the right steps we can probably follow the same rules well and steps, then we should be good to go.”
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN THE KNOW
Don’t miss the latest news and figures – and essential advice for you and your family.
To receive The Sun’s Coronavirus newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, simply ‘Like’ our Coronavirus page.
Get Britain’s best-selling newspaper delivered to your smartphone or tablet each day – find out more.